Scroll Top

US Customs – Required documents for Pilot, Passengers and Aircraft

Warning, this is for reference only. All information must be verified with official sources.

Required Documents for Pilot, Passengers, and Aircraft

For the Pilot:

  • Pilots License
  • Medical
  • Radiotelephone license
  • Passport

For the Passengers:

  • Passport
  • Letter for transportation of an unaccompanied minor. If a child is not accompanied by both parents, a notarized letter of permission from whichever parent(s) is/are not along.

For the Aircraft:

  • Mexican Liability Insurance
  • Airworthiness certificate
  • Registration (pink temporary is not acceptable)
  • Weight & Balance Data
  • Radio station license
  • Letter for a non-owner pilot. If the pilot is not the owner, a notarized letter of permission from the owners(s) as shown on the registration.
  • 12-inch high N-numbers (temporary numbers applied with tape or water-soluble paint are OK)
  • A Dataplate mounted on the outside of the plane giving make, model, and a serial number of the plane.
  • Customs Decal showing payment of the $25 annual inspection fee. This decal may be purchased in advance or at the time you make your first border crossing of the year back into the U.S.